secret-seven

Saturday, November 18, 2006


The first Chinese Culture Night was successful! My roomates Kelly and Paul and I had a lot of fun tonight! We played games together: puzzle games, different sorts of chesses, picking up beans with chocksticks etc. And there were prizes! After supper, we watched people singing, dancing, and playing musical instruments. They were all excellent! I liked the little girl who showed traditional dancing. It was very beautiful. Furthermore, there were two people need to be mentioned. One played Koto; another played urheen. I was amazed how they put those two instruments together and played such wonderful music!

People tonight also brought items which reprented Chineses cultures. Those obejects included handicrafts, tea set, Chinese painting, calligraphy and so forth. Kelly wrote calligraphy for Culture Night. She is so great at calligraphy!:D There is one of her calligraphy which I pasted it on my blog. Isn't it amazing? Then I drew two pictures. Different than before, it was Chinese painting this time. Usually I draw for my pleasure, but it was meaningful to do this for Chinese Culture Night. I don't mind I drew them until 2:00 last night. It worth:] However, I won't do any pictures then, at least after the final exam's over.

4 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger mysteryviking said...

It was held by Calgary Family Church on past Saturday. This is our first time to hold an activity like this. We were a little bit worry, but it was successful acturally:)

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Chinese art is so beautiful. The colors are so vibrant and the work is so detailed.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Wow I really love the art work!!!

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Karen said...

You are an amazing artist! I really enjoyed seeing your work and hearing about the Chinese Cultural Night. It sounds like you had a lot of fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home