secret-seven

Saturday, November 25, 2006

~freezing~

Temperature is around -23'C today. I nearly froze to death going outside! Fortunately, the apartment's heat has been fixed already. I can't imagin how to fall asleep at night without heat when temperature there is -29'C outside. 6_6

In L& S class, we did English songs presentation this week. Presentations were good, and I heard great pieces of musics from classmates. I especially appriciated the one calling "Down by the Salley Gardens". Joy played the CD on Monday. It was such a graceful song, even though the lyric was a bit of sad. It was a poetry actually, which was written by Yeats (1865-1939). The verse was well written. I downloaded this song two days ago; I couldn't help loving it. It was so wonderful as if those sets of notes were coming from a fairy's mouth.

While listening to the presentations, many of us learnt metaphorical meanings that songs had. We also discussed questions. It was a fun activity, and which was useful- for both speaking and listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home